Is your TTRPG character affiliated with anything larger than themselves or the party they roll with (heheh puns)? This week we cover TTRPG factions, guilds, and other big-picture affiliations. We discuss how they can provide scope, inform character backstory, create fascinating and useful narrative drivers for your campaigns, and much more.
- 0:00: Intro
- 01:12: TTRPG News
- 10:12 Main Topic
- 12:50: Some TTRPGs lean more heavily on factions than others
- 13:32: TTRPG factions serving as patrons
- 15:53: Forged in the Dark and juggling power between factions
- 16:58: Big factions that span entire peoples and how they can inform character backstory and disposition
- 21:14: TTRPG factions can help characters realize end-game aspirations
- 22:44: Using factions as a trump card
- 26: 18: Factions can be a way to introduce lore and legacy setting characters
- 27:17: Factions can be a great way to explain the 'start of things'
- 33:05: Watch out for misaligned goals and disparate faction affiliations within your TTRPG party
- 35:25: Outro
- Interviews with Content Creators, Developers and Publishers for both established and Indie TTRPGs
- TTRPG Actual Play. Published/Homebrew adventures using a variety of Game Systems helmed by GM, Adam ‘Cosy’ Powell
All the best info, and never too serious.